Eating gluten-free doesn't necessarily mean leaving the table with a bowed-down head. No, it just takes time and ingenuity to adapt beloved dishes to fit the new lifestyle.
Honoring more requests, Chef Elle is back with a gluten-free cobbler and you don't even have to turn the oven on!
Gluten-free or not, this dessert is absolutely delicious. So, give it a try. After all, she's kept it fresh and oh so easy.
2 small peaches, pitted and diced
8 oz. peach jam
1/2 t Meyer lemon zest
1 1/2 T gluten-free oat flour
2 T sugar
1 oz. Riesling
1/2 c pecans, ground
3 T pecans, chopped
3 T semi-soft butter
1 1/2 T sugar
c=cup; T=tablespoon; t=teaspoon
1. Preheat Cuisinart Toaster Oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take the first 6 ingredients and add them to a medium bowl, stirring well.
3. Measure 3 tablespoons of pecans and chop. Grind the remaining in a food processor. In a separate bowl, combine the ground and chopped pecans with butter and sugar, and set aside.
4. Spoon equal amounts of the peach mixture into 5 ounce ramekins. Sprinkle pecan mixture on top.
5. Transfer ramekins to a parchment-lined baking pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling and topping has browned.
*Yields 3 servings. To accommodate a larger crowd, simply double or the triple ingredients.
Peaches are in season now, but when autumn rolls around, use apples or even pears.
Because of the summer heat, we used the Cuisinart Toaster Oven, but this dish is also delicious on the grill. To achieve browning, simply lower the lid.
Since this gluten-free recipe is fresh and easy, let us know what you think. Remember, if you want the same results, follow the recipe and use the products mentioned.